Neural Coding

mike mike-anderson at
Sun Oct 22 18:27:47 EST 2000

In article <3GtI5.2123$EA6.175282 at>, "Richard
Norman" <rsnorman at> wrote:

> I hope its a programming course because real neurons don't use neural
> codes this way.

It is a physiology class.  However, we were assigned to write a paper
regarding how information is coded in the nervous system.  We came across
papers that had information of the rate coding and temporal coding,
etc...  but few gave concrete examples of how a singular piece of
information was coded.  Is there a good source you could recommend for me
to learn more?  As i said, our text does not cover the coding of

Thanks for the reply

In my dreams i'm dying all the time