Robot Dreams

George Bajszar gyuri at
Tue Sep 12 23:51:15 EST 2000

In article <eaj$40#GAHA.369 at cpmsnbbsa07>,
  "Gary Forbis" <GaryForbis at> wrote:
> "George Bajszar" <gyuri at> wrote in message news:8pi2p7
$j4t$1 at
> > Perhaps sleeping has yet another purpose.
> While several functions might be performed in humans during sleep
> it seems to me it's purpose is to select habitat.  Animals have cycles
> of activities.  Few need brain garbage collection cycles.  I guess
> is a quibble.

Every mammal must sleep. Sleep is not enough, dreams play a big role.
Without dreams, a person goes insane quickly, the neural networks melt
down to a random mess. Doesn't that suggest that reorganization or
garbage collection of information in the brain is taking place?

Sent via
Before you buy.