Music and IQ

Hans-Georg Michna hans-georgNoEmailPlease at
Tue Sep 26 02:48:32 EST 2000

Hercules01 at (Robert Calvert) wrote:

>I sometimes wonder if there's a correlation between IQ score and
>preferences for certain kinds of music. As politically incorrect as it
>may sound, I strongly suspect that this is the case. When I think of
>"intelligent" music, the first thing that comes to my mind is John
>Denver. :-)

yes, musical ability and IQ are correlated. The current main
hypothesis is that making music is a method to advertize a
well-working brain, hence musical activity is most intense in
young adult age.

Music (and a sports car) is for humans what the tail is for the

No mail, please.