help me

Mark D. Morin mdmpsyd at
Thu Apr 5 19:12:31 EST 2001

evelyn idusuyi wrote:
> i was wondering if the neur-sci could help me with "why
> people who has right hemisphere stroke produce different
> deficits" meaning why a lesion on the right hemisphere of
> the brain could result in non verbal material, impairment
> in face recognition and most of all shows left hemianopia
> (loss of visuo-spatial neglect...
it's probably because it's the right half of the brain that
is responsible for those functions.  A stroke in the right
hemisphere will damage portions of the right hemisphere.
depending where the damage is, there will be different

"And Helena got six inches during the night
... Helena, Montana, that is!"

- weatherperson on KHAR-TV, Alaska, during a report
  describing a snowfall in the Northwest
for e-mail replies, remove the obvious