cmt

Mark Fisher Mfisher452 at cs.com
Thu Aug 2 21:10:50 EST 2001

If in fact you have true Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, then you have what is
more accurately known as Hereditary Motor-Sensory Neuropathy type I. It is a
genetic disease and there is no treatment. The film "Lorenzo's Oil" was
about a boy with a different genetic disease, a leukodystrophy. The notion
was that by giving the boy long-chain fatty acids that his nervous system
could not manufacture, the progression of his disease could be slowed. It
does not work for any condition. Sorry, but there is nothing you can do at
present.

news:9kboh3$3r9am$1 at ID-99527.news.dfncis.de...