biological neural networks

Liar42 liar42 at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 06:26:32 EST 2001

>I have understood that artificial neural networks, used in computer
>simulations, are not a valid model for biological neural networks.

No, they are not.

>developing behavioral processes with artificial neural networks is equivalent
to develop it with a biologically plausible model.
 Is it true?<

I do not regard it so.

Some people just can't tell their own I from several other brain systems, are
totally sense censored, try to reduce the brain to some neurons irregardless
how many more glia there are than neurons and irregardless what energies are
there,
are neither perceiving about the whole brain&body well nor are well perceiving
about systems functions,

and next believe that if they make some artificial processors, that that is
going to simulate a mammal ape homo chimp brain.

The sapiens part of that might leave to wonder.

;-)