Localization of pitch in the brain?

Liar42 liar42 at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 07:14:43 EST 2001

>I would also think that speech and musical perception
would be closely related, no?<

Speech in output I'd not regard that close to musical perception.

With incoming data of speech and music, if people are speaking while music is
running it might be very difficult for me to follow the music well and the
speaker parallel. It might come to having trouble to follow the speaker because
the music is running, and not perceiving much about that anymore, particularily
if the volume of the music is a louder than that of the speaker or about as
loud.

Therefore I am not sure how related I'd regard them.

To listen to the tones of flutes just might not seem like verbal transitions.