Localization of pitch in the brain?

Liar42 liar42 at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 07:19:57 EST 2001

> >I had read somewhere that Brodmann's areas 18 & 19 were related to
> >musical cognition

>Brodmann's 18 &19 are in visual cortex.<

Actually I had just been thinking when I read it before, are those not
occipital regions to do with seeing & "seeing"?!
But then again I am no neuro smurf and do not have some neuro book here, so I
wasn't sure and did not think much more about it.

> I reiterate:  Get a textbook.
>
>2nd that motion.

But would that have the brain stuff relevant for pitch listed?

I mean, is that even known?

Neurobooks tend to be expensive, and if not sure if the data is even in them
concerning that, someone might not wish to spend much money on a book to then
maybe find out that it does not even contain the searched for in formation
concerning pitch.