A Theory of Sleep

yan king yin (no spam please) y.k.y at lycos.com
Wed Aug 15 00:20:38 EST 2001

"Robin Tucker":
> Interesting.  I take Lustral (seretonin reuptake inhibitor), there are
> obviously some structural neuronal consequences to this! (and yes, I used
> sleep much more than I do now).

I heard it takes a few weeks for the drug to take effect. Your brain has
probably
re-adjusted itself after this time. For example, the serotonin
auto-receptor on
pre-synaptic cells might down-regulate serotonin release.

You might know this already, that MDMA (ecstacy) also works by inducing
serotonin release. But its effect is too strong so the serotonin cannot get
replenished.