A Theory of Sleep

yan king yin (no spam please) y.k.y at lycos.com
Wed Aug 15 06:57:18 EST 2001

I am a reductionist, so I think consciousness should be explained in
cellular
and then molecular terms. As for quantum correlation, I think it is
somewhat
arbitary, one can establish correlation in almost any organized system.
That
does not explain consciousness per se. Also, electrical signal can travel
around the brain in microseconds... giving the impression that the brain is
holographic, that doesnt require correlation.

I dont know much about entanglement, so no comment on it. Maybe there
will be some applications of it.

""Ron Blue"" <rcb5 at msn.com>:
> Correlational Opponent Processing suggests the necessity of some
mechanism
> for destroying neuro connections to form holographic memory.  In
principle
> it might be desirable to have a permanent entangled external artificial
> intelligence system with our internal neural system.  They would back
each
> other up and allow for the transfer of information over long periods of
time
> to clones.
>
> Ron Blue
> http://turn.to.ai
> http://home.talkcity.com/LaGrangeLn/ronaldblue/index.html
> Correlational Opponent Processing
> Phase-coupled oscillator models can predict hippocampal inhibitory
synaptic
> connections
> Essentials of Learning in Conscious AI and Biological Systems
> Quantum Coherence Has Been Demonstrated In The Brain
> Topological quantum computation/error correction in microtubules
> Brain inspires new memories: Quantum memories should mimic ours
> Little Ricci's First Days: Robotic Developmental Psychology
> Strongly Coupled Quantum and Classical Systems and Zeno's Effect
> Decoherence Produces Coherent States: An Explicit Proof for Harmonic
Chains