JOB OFFER: Purification Technical Services Representative
cbarrus at volt.com
Thu Aug 16 18:00:11 EST 2001
Purification Technical Services Representative (Protein Manufacturing)
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join one of the
Worlds leaders in Biotechnology at the start of a period of
significant expansion in their protein manufacturing business!
- In this position as Technical Services Representative you will be
responsible for technically supporting and improving all the
purification unit operations of a new production process located at a
third party manufacturer.
- Working with a diverse group of people from manufacturing and
various support groups you will use sound scientific and statistical
methods to continuously improve the process through variability
- This is an excellent opportunity to become an expert at the
forefront of new technology and to help produce a therapeutic protein
that will save the lives of thousands of people.
NATURE OF THE WORK
- Increase yields, capacity, decrease cost of manufacturing processes
per the stated business unit objectives (short-term) and the
development goals (longer term) by running statistically designed
plant trials in the field.
- Develop and implement new "tools" by investigating and evaluating
new technologies for process improvement or variability reduction.
Variation Reduction and Process Investigation
- Definition and characterization of root causes for special cause
- Assist or supervise writing/responding to alerts/deviations.
- Assist in daily technical support, data tracking/evaluation and
respond to manufacturing problems/issues.
- Definition and characterization of common cause variation and
minimize reoccurrence of excursions.
Maintenance of Regulatory Documentation/Compliance
- Ensure regulatory and cGMP compliance for the process.
- Review and maintain manufacturing tickets to be compliant with
manufacturing, process and regulatory requirements as changes occur.
- Maintain Process Flow Documents (real-time and annual updates).
- Supply accurate annual updates of the current manufacturing process.
- Maintain processes in a validated state. - Complete necessary
process qualification/requalification by staying current with
- Ensure cleaning procedures are validated as required.
Attention to Business Practices
- Establish plan yields for process steps for annual business
- Identify all projects and impact on process, resources, etc. for
The Technical Service Representative should be flexible, sensitive to
the needs of subordinates, peers, management and third party
representatives. He/she should be able to work independently and be
able to reprioritize activities quickly. He/she should exhibit
leadership abilities and interact well with others. The Representative
should be technically inquisitive, attentive to detail and must
exhibit good problem solving skills. He/she should be available for
technical support for critical production issues on a 24-hour
A minimum of a bachelors degree in biochemistry, chemistry,
engineering or other related field is required.
A minimum of two years biotech experience is required.
Proficiency in software programs such as JMP or excel for statistical
data analysis and process control charting is preferred.
Primarily in the New England area with regular travel to Indianapolis,
Please reference job number EL56413 when emailing your resume to
cbarrus at volt.com. We look forward to assisting you in your job
You can view all our open positions at http://www.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information about the Neur-sci