wavelet shifting:---Re: nystagmus

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Fri Aug 24 20:44:38 EST 2001

> Rama posited a couple hypotheses to explain why left ear caloric testing
might
> alleviate neglect and denial. One is that it stimulates the right
hemisphere,
> one specialization of which he thinks might be "anomaly detection" whereas
the
> left might be more prone to rationalization. Another is the REM-like eye
> movements of a person undergoing nystagmus might activate the neural
pathways
> that allow "repressed thoughts" into consciousness during dreaming. Both
> hypotheses are highly speculative. At any rate, this is kind of a
digression
> from my main question--can caloric testing enhance any normal function?
I've
> outlined why I think this might be the case, and am still unclear about
why
> the possiblity should be discounted.

I am of the opinion the explanation is quite simple.  A wavelet shifting of
the local/global memory system to another expression area.  The expression
is a local or one out of many integration or wavelet interference.

All thought originates in physical movement.  A thought is like the global
perception of a design in clay formed by a pendulum after an earthquake.

To illustrate wavelet interference consider Zwaadermaker Conjugates. In 1890
Zwaadermaker revealed that chemicals exist that when presented separately
can be smelled but when presented together cancel each other out. This is
like a wavelet filter model.

For additional information go to
http://home.talkcity.com/LaGrangeLn/ronaldblue/index.html

>From Correlational Opponent Processing:

"Bottini et al (1995) revealed that cold water placed in the ear of a brain
damaged patient who had lost his sense of touch causes him to temporarily
regain his sense of touch.  "We show that in normal subjects touch and
vestibular signals share projections to the putamen, insula, somatosensory
area II, premotor cortex and
supramarginal gyrus.  In our patient a subset of these regions (right
putamen and insula) was paired by the lesion and was maximally active when
touch and vestibular stimulation were combined."

This suggests a gaussian projection area with brain damage to the activating
area, the opponent area signals no sense of touch.  When the information is
phase shifted the wavelets activate another part of the gaussian projection
area restoring temporarily the sense of touch.

Oscillons form in interacting wave patterns.  Oscillons of similar polarity
repel each other and oscillons of reverse polarity attract each other.
These oscillons are very stable across time.  This is very similar to
correlational opponent-processing (Umbanhowar,1996)."

---