help:persistent dizziness (READ THIS INSTEAD OF PREVOIUS. TNX)

Matteo Pelati matteo at dolce.it
Sun Aug 26 04:02:58 EST 2001

Hello,

"emooky" <emooky at popsmail.com> wrote in message
news:9m7250$7kv$1 at news2.kornet.net...
> Your dizziness could be classified as vertigo. And your MRI scan, if ever
it
> deserves, have ruled out central origin.
>
> Most common peripheral vertigo includes Meniere disease (without tinnitus,
> it rarely comes), vestibular neuronitis (commonly comes with common cold
and
> young patients), benign positional peripheral vertigo (also common in
young
> man) and other infrequent diseases.
>
> How long does your dizziness persist? For seconds or minutes or more
> prolonged period?

No. More prolonged period. I have it all the afternoon when I'm standing in
upright position. As soon as I sit down (relaxed) or lie the dizziness
gradually disappears, to reappear after few minutes when I'm get up again.

> What situation does your dizziness aggravate? During head acceleration or
> positioning still? When you are lying down, does specific position
aggravate
> your symptoms? Such as lying on your right or left ear or so.

No. I didn't notice any particular momevent that increases or decreases my
dizziness. No, When I'm lying the dizziness completely disappears after few
minutes. Howevver, my feeling (when I'm standing and before it disappears
ehen I'm lying) is my body is "going" to the the left (even if I'm able to
walk straight both with eyes open or closed)

> Are you a heavy drinker? Were ther any intimate contact with someone with
> hepatitis or other infectious disease? Your physician can solve your
hepatic
> problems.

No, absolutely. Last time I drunk something was in that occasiom, in April.
That was actually the first time I drunk a bit more. I never drank much...
even because just a glass of beer makes me a bit dizzy, so I consider myself
an occasional drinker (10 times a year probably..or less).

No, I don't think I came in contact with Hepatitis. Last time I checked
myself for Hepatitis A, B, C was in december and they al turned out
negative. I don't think I came in contact with Hepatitis in the last 8
months.

Do you think my dizziness could be related to the increased transaminases
value ? Can liver problems cause dizziness and weakness? And again, do u
think some alcohol (4 months ago...) could be the cause of such reaction ?
It was actually the first time _ever_ I drunk such a quantity of alcohol, so
I never experienced before that quantity of alcohol.  (And surprisingly it
wasn't that much since I was not drunk...I just felt very dizzy ).

Now I'm taking other blood tests, a new check from an ear doctor and an
abdomen ecografy.

> Be good and don't worry if it is peripheral vertigo.

Whith an MRI scans (completed without contrast... the doctor said it was
enough to exclude brain lesions) and two different nurological tests can I
exclude any serious central system disorder ?

I know the majority of serious nervous system diseases don't cause just
dizziness... but even other serious problems...am I correct ?

> DH Kim.

Thanks ALOT for your help.
Matteo