Cats like fish. NO! :-) was Re: Knowledge Base Or Bust

Albert van der Horst albert at
Sat Dec 15 07:20:00 EST 2001

In article <3c1a73be at>,
Arthur T. Murray <uj797 at> wrote:
>Today after a hiatus of two and a half months we resume coding
> the AI Mind in JavaScript.
>First we change the "description" meta-tag to read:  "Please find
>room for this AI as mind.html on your own website so that others
>may obtain it."  The idea is to let the AI spread memetically
>across the Web.
>Our next goal is to obtain a working knowledge base (KB).  That
>goal is immensely worthwhile because, once our KB works reliably,
>it will be like the Cyc project, and we will
>be able to pack the KB full of all kinds of mundane or expert

>The source code left over from 29sep2001 still gives a transcript
>with faulty KB reasoning:
>Human:  cats eat fish
>        32   28  10

I think this is a tremendous improvement over the
"cats like fish" dialogues of five years ago.
Actually I had a very acid comment ready, to be
launched the next time the subject comes up, but you
never gave me that chance.

This looks like PROGRESS! Keep on the good work!

> <Very lucid 1) explanation skipped>

De groeten
1) As far as AM goes.
To suffer is the prerogative of the strong. The weak -- perish.
albert at