Knowledge Base Or Bust

.. drclue at drclue.net
Sun Dec 16 22:55:34 EST 2001

"Arthur T. Murray" wrote:

> "Owen Nieuwenhuyse" <nieuweo at ezysurf.co.nz> wrote on 16.DEC.2001:
> > Arthur T. Murray <uj797 at victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message [...]
>
> >> Human:  cats eat
> >> Robot:  CATS EAT BUGS
> >>         10   41  10
> >>
> >> The AI gives the wrong answer in the fourth exchange because the
> >> concept of "bugs" has retained too high an activation.  [...]
>
> > ON:
> > What do you use these "activation levels" for?
> ATM:
> The activation-levels determine which concepts -- by dint of high
> activation -- will be included in a sentence of thought generated
> by the interaction of Chomskyan syntax and a conceptual mindcore.

Even some crude syntax detection would provide better than
what parent child mindless thought is expressed here.

I started doing AI work in the late seventies on my own, and
have made some profit with it. By and large , allowing patterns
to steer themselves and to just assign the spikes seems to work
pretty good

--
--=<> Dr. Clue (A.K.A. Ian A. Storms) <>=--
--=<[]>=- http://www.drclue.net