Water Color Effect - Any information?

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Wed Dec 19 20:35:40 EST 2001

Closely related to your interest in an article in Science 31 August 2001
"Afterimage of Perceptually Filled-in Surface" which stresses that simple
neural adaptation by bleaching of photochemical pigments is not adequate to
explain the observed global afterimage adaptation involving cortical

I would suggest that this can be understood as a wavelet/opponent
process/oscillon system.

Ron Blue