doctor stumped

James Teo james at
Thu Feb 22 17:12:29 EST 2001

Sounds like Receptive aphasia (or Wernicke's aphasia), but that is
more of a description of a symptom than a diagnosis. Lots of things 
can be the problem but if the symptoms are gradually getting worse,
you should consider seeing the physician again or trying another one.
You might want an MRI or an EEG to look for a structural or focal
changes and a full neuropsychological assessment to formalise the

Don't want to panic you but chronic worsening aphasia in a young adult
sets off a number of alarm bells off in my head.

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list