SEARCHING HISTORY OF HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE IN MY FAMILY

Theophilus Samuels theophilus.samuels at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 4 14:52:38 EST 2001

>Since I am a genealogist, not a doctor I will leave it to you to
>discover the medical aspect.

Not too sure what this means, but.....there is really no point in trying to
explain the pathogenesis of HD in any great depth here, but if you're
interested and use the Google search engine, you may like to include some of
the following words:

(a) genetic penetrance (the most important aspect of HD for your purpose)
AND HD

the following are more centred on its pathogenesis:

(b) huntingtin protein
(c) huntingtin gene AND chromosome 4 AND/OR exon 1
(d) huntingtin protein AND ubiquination
(e) trinucleotide repeat disorders OR polymorphic trinucleotide repeat OR
CAG-repeat expansion

T.L.S.

news:7xO36.212964$U46.6503826 at news1.sttls1.wa.home.com...