brain tumor growth as a result of psychotherapy

et_al at my-deja.com et_al at my-deja.com
Sun Jan 14 02:44:17 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:53:41 GMT, eias at my-deja.com wrote:

>This is a question from a psychotherapist. A client of mine had panic
>syndrome, and, within 8 months of weekly sessions, had her symptoms
>gradually eliminated. Afterwards, she complained of severe headaches,
>and I sent her to a neurologist, who diagnosed a brain tumor around her
>cerebellum. Question is: is it possible that the growth of tumor cells
>was in some respect associated with the disappearance of panic
>symptoms? Answers will be greatly appreciated, and I will volunteer
>any further information. Thank you.

The main anxiety centres are in the Limbic areas and become
conscious thoughts by the Limbics communicating them to the
prefrontal lobes.

So there probably isn't a direct connection with a tumour in the
cerebellum, though their might be an indirect one.

However, if your trying to pin the tumour on the therapy as the
subject line suggests, then you are IMO, way of base.

Ian