The Blood Group problem!!!!

Richard L. Hall rhall at webmail.uvi.edu
Mon Jan 15 09:25:55 EST 2001

Actually, I just finished my coffee and realized that the A and B
genes may not be "glycosylating" enzymes but instead a enzymes
producing something like UDP-galactose, UDP-N-acetylgalactosamine
substrates for the phosphotransferases used in producing
oligosaccharides (and glycolipids) in the golgi apparatus.

The gist of my comments are probably correct, it is in the details
where we frequently founder.

rlh

rhall at uvi.edu

"Live life on the edge...the view is always better"  rlh