life after death evidence

MS marshmallow5 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 10:52:10 EST 2001

I believe this runs into the same logical errors of Cartesian dualism. I
read Owen Flanagan's discussion of these in The Science of Mind. If
consciousness is a non-physical entity, then how does it interact with a
physical body? And if it does interact, then it's a physical entity.

I find the evidence overwhelming that the mind and consciousness are
functions of our physical brain. All mental activity seems to be correlated
by some activity in the brain. Altering the brain alters some aspect of the
mind, and vice versa. Psychoactive drugs and brain illnesses can often
produce surprising modular changes or losses in aspects of consciousness.
Mind, brain, and behavior are all different aspects of the same thing.

Epistemologically, we cannot say that a mind cannot exist apart from a
brain, but there is nothing to suggest that it does. Rather, there is much
to say that consciousness reflects the workings of the brain.
--
Marcello

news:94mp3k$3tb$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...