Why does thyroid injection cause depression?

winnedbear winnedbear at aol.comnospam
Sat Jan 27 05:35:05 EST 2001

I underwent a TRH stimulation test  so my doc could check my pituitary-thyroid
axis and the thyroid injection for the test caused severe depression for about
1 week.

I also had the cortisol stimulation test done to check my adrenals and the
injection for this caused depression and crying for an hour or two, then my
mood came back up to normal.

Both test results were normal.  This doesn't make sense. If results were normal
then why would I have such unusual reactions (severe prolonged depression)?

Has anyone ever heard of this before, and what do you think might have caused
it?

-TIA-

Winnedbear at aol.com