Advice on a machine

Marcy Italiano marcyatwork at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:39:12 EST 2001

Hi there, my name's Marcy Italiano. I am presently writing a fictional
story called the "Pain Machine". I need your help if you have a few
minutes (or direct me to the right place).

I have to create a machine that will read pain from *any* part of the
body, inside and out, before it goes to the brain for interpretation.
This pain, however read, I'm assuming electrical pulses, then has to be
transferred to another person in the exact same area and intensity -
again before it goes to the brain for interpretation. How could this be
done using some of the ideas that have been invented aleady? Would I be
looking at reading the information locally or from the spinal cord?

Let me give you an example or two. An infant or toddler is brought into
the ER screaming but they can't locate the source of the problem. A
doctor trained on this machine hooks themselves up to experience this
pain and locate the problem. Another example could be those suffering
from Arthritis or Fibromyalgia to find out exactly how bad the situation
is, taking out the pain tolerance factor.

Have fun with this one! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Marcy
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/