The Scientific Impact of the Existence of Telepathic Power

Richard Norman rsnorman at mediaone.net
Tue Jan 30 20:08:59 EST 2001

 "Kwok-Man Hui" <kmhui at math.duke.edu> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.30.0101301026160.20443-100000 at tux2.math.duke.edu...

> Hi, Everyone,
>
> I usually don't want to spend time to talk something like that, but indeed
> people really don't understand the tremendous impact of the existence of
> telepathy on science.
>
> Doing the experiment to confirm such an existence is not easy because it's
> very political, first of all. Second, hard to find the right candidate to
> do the test.
> Anyway, even with all these difficulties, it is still worthwile to conduct
> the test if you realize its impact on science.

<snip a lot of stuff here>

> I need to go back and concentrate on my study.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Charles

I remember Roger Sperry (Nobelist for, among other things,
split-brain studies) saying that perhaps the greatest evidence
for the absence of anything like telepathy is the total inability
of the two hemispheres to communicate without direct nervous
connection between them.  Certainly, if there were two "kindred
spirits" it would be the left and right hemispheres of one
individual.  Everything about them would match just right.  Further
they are so closely apposed that even a weak telepathic signal
should come through loud and clear!  Yet no split brain patient
ever showed any ability to communicate that way between the
hemispheres.