The Scientific Impact of the Existence of Telepathic Power

John M Price PhD jmprice at calweb.com
Wed Jan 31 17:18:22 EST 2001

In sci.psychology.theory article <LAJd6.83754$ft6.1969570 at typhoon.mw.mediaone.net> Richard Norman <rsnorman at mediaone.net> wrote:
:  "Kwok-Man Hui" <kmhui at math.duke.edu> wrote in message
: news:Pine.LNX.4.30.0101301026160.20443-100000 at tux2.math.duke.edu...
:>
:> Hi, Everyone,
:>
:> I usually don't want to spend time to talk something like that, but indeed
:> people really don't understand the tremendous impact of the existence of
:> telepathy on science.
:>
:> Doing the experiment to confirm such an existence is not easy because it's
:> very political, first of all. Second, hard to find the right candidate to
:> do the test.
:> Anyway, even with all these difficulties, it is still worthwile to conduct
:> the test if you realize its impact on science.
:>
: <snip a lot of stuff here>

:> I need to go back and concentrate on my study.
:>
:> Sincerely yours,
:> Charles

: I remember Roger Sperry (Nobelist for, among other things,
: split-brain studies) saying that perhaps the greatest evidence

Nope.  The Nobel was for the chemical communication stuff deriving from
his work on the frog visual system.

The Nobel in Physiology & Medicine is not like the Literature prize at
all.

: for the absence of anything like telepathy is the total inability
: of the two hemispheres to communicate without direct nervous
: connection between them.  Certainly, if there were two "kindred
: spirits" it would be the left and right hemispheres of one
: individual.  Everything about them would match just right.  Further
: they are so closely apposed that even a weak telepathic signal
: should come through loud and clear!  Yet no split brain patient
: ever showed any ability to communicate that way between the
: hemispheres.

See Charles Marks monograph for a philosophical discussion.  ISTR it being
called 'Commisurotomy Consciousness and the Unity of Mind'.

--
John M. Price, PhD                                     jmprice at calweb.com
Life: Chemistry, but with feeling!      |      PGP Key on request or FTP!

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
         - George Bernard Shaw