What's split-brain studies?

Kwok-Man Hui kmhui at math.duke.edu
Wed Jan 31 18:52:31 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Richard Norman wrote:

> Look up "Sperry split brain" in www.google.com.  People with
> the corpus callosum cut have the direct connection between the
> hemispheres severed.  This is the "split brain".  Many studies
> indicate that after such surgery, each hemisphere can be provided
> with different information, and that the information in fact is not
> shared between them even though there are other pathways
> that remain intact.

This exactly shows that our brain has tremendous rehabitability after
severe trauma like stroke or cutting the brain into half and putting them
together. Therefore, a lot of mental power is unfound or unexplored yet.

> But unless you show convincing hard experimental evidence based
> on carefully controlled studies and published in reputable refereed
> journals FOR telepathy, I think you had better at least drop
> bionet.neuroscience from your list of news groups.

How about this. I find you a guy with such strong mental power and have
him to be tested in a carefully controlled experiment. Then publish the
positive result in some reputable refereed journal so that let telepathy
be established as a prominent fact or  the first  astonishing
scientific finding in 21st century. Do you know any source or organization
willing to do that?

Charles