Roger Sperry's Nobel Prize (was "impact of telepathy")

Richard Norman rsnorman at
Wed Jan 31 20:52:52 EST 2001

"John M Price PhD" <jmprice at> wrote in message
news:3a788f2e_1 at

> In sci.psychology.theory article
<LAJd6.83754$ft6.1969570 at> Richard Norman
<rsnorman at> wrote:

      <snip a lot of irrelevant stuff about telepathy>

>>  I remember Roger Sperry (Nobelist for, among other things,
>> split-brain studies) saying that ...

> Nope.  The Nobel was for the chemical communication stuff deriving from
> his work on the frog visual system.

According to the official web site of the Nobel Foundation
Roger Sperry won the Nobel Prize in 1981 "for his discoveries
concerning the functional specialization of the cerebral hemispheres"