The Scientific Impact of the Existence of Telepathic Power

Taliesin taliesin11 at telocity.com
Wed Jan 31 23:37:24 EST 2001

<snip>

> The phenomenon must be around the low energy physics regime, but obviously
> the medium to transmit the thoughts can't be some powerful radiation to
> penetrate walls, bone and flesh to the other mind, otherwise the mechanism
> immediately burns the telepathic brain before the radiation can go out its
> brain. As we all know, the electrical and chemical energy in
> our brain is no more than one or two volts. Then how we can explain such a
> transmition of thoughts in terms of our current physical laws?
>
> Therefore, it must involve some unfound low energy limit physical laws
> behind this phenomenon. Maybe it invokes some quantum mechanical small
> scale structure of spacetime in some good quantum mechanical condition
> like in our brain. In other words, it may involve a low energy limit of a
> combined fundamental forces of electrmagnetism and gravity. If physicists
> accept such mentality, then it consequently poses question on how
> physicists should treat their high energy physics and the unification of
> fundamental forces so that in the low energy regime there is a weak
> coupling of electromagnetism and gravity but with observable effect in
> some good condensed matter condition.

Really, it comes down to the simple law of conservation of energy.  There is
no mechanism for energy in brains (short of mitochondria), and given that the
brains of "telepaths" aren't dissolving, there can't be much hidden energy
anywhere.  And the energy to any given point outside the emitter is the
inverse of the distance cubed (1/d^3), which is basic geometry.  This is true
for any force, electromagnetic, strong and weak nuclear forces (though the
strong nuclear force does have some exceptions within the confines of the
nucleus), or gravity in a quantum sense.  Thus, I think that outside of cells
that are more or less adjacent (as in the split brain cases), I doubt any such
phenomenon could exist.