modelling IQ

Brian zhil at online.no
Mon Jul 2 15:43:28 EST 2001

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah at guest.arnes.si> skrev i melding
news:3B40627F.89A24408 at guest.arnes.si...
> > The evidence he uses were worked out by the scientific community years
> > ahead of him, and if he _did_ revolutionize physics, why not a
nobel-prize
> > for his E=mc² ?
> > Because it was already discovered; actually the formulae is a little
more
> > complicated than this.
>
> I have a formula for the speed of the electron (t.i. the speed it
> circles with around an atom core), but I will not recieve a nobel-prize
> for it. Why? Because it is simply spelled from the "E=mc²" and some
> other formulas. I did *nothing*? Doubt it.

So ?
Did you researched and worked it out on your own ?
If you did, then you should get the credit and the prize for such a
discovery.
Even if you used previously discovered principles, but ithe condition is to
discover
something NEW; which Einstein did not.

> > It seems weird, but not unreasonable; if he couldn't get through an exam
> > (which I'd get through
> > with flying colours....), what credit do you think I'll give him ????
> > Then I'd expect myself to have a higher IQ than him, but I consider
myself
> > average.
>
> In your attempt to discredit him... Why don't you put up (copy) another
> formula and get yourself a nobel-prize?? You've got the brains to do it!
> [No reall offence meant. Init atempted.]

I am not discrediting a person that did it himself.
If he wasn't such a dumb-ass, he wouldn't flunk as he did.
And no, I have other things to do (no, not trolling around NG's).
And a second no, I recognise my capabilities far better than anybody else
and I won't attempt things that I won't accomplish (in a lifetime anyway).
But thanks for the sarcasm.............

> > If you're good in one field, it is very common to be good in another
> > unrelated field.
> > That has been studied extensively.
> > About multi-dimensional IQ, I'd say that Einstein were good verbally,
but
> > as he failed technically; his spatial IQ was less than desired.
>
> Sigh, "multi-dimensional IQ"!? Are you atempting to set up dimensions to
> diffirent memory allocations???

I didn't invent the expression.
But thanks for the credit :)
Anyway, it isn't such a bad idea to divide it into several dimensions if it
suits the task.
Why, women aren't stupid - they just use their brain differently............
Here I characterized it by calling it "verbal", but it could just as easily
be called "communicative".
Spatial is the mathematical, object-oriented world - which is what males
are good at.
Have there been any discussions on this that I'm unaware of ?
Please provide a link or an essay if you have one, thanks beforehand.

> Some genius ppl that are very good at maths actualy use their memory
> instead of what other people would use a piece of paper for. Einstein
> obviously allocated (or had allocated) most of his memory to thinking.
> Others could theoreticaly use a piece of paper for that matter, but I
> guess that would make things much slower and harder.

The really smart people would allocate at will, on paper or mind.
So I'm not really smart, maybe an Einstein (read:moronic) ?  :)
Anyway, I digress, of course it could slow down thinking, but sometimes
it is an advantage as well, to 'keep certain points'.
I do that so I will remember certain points, and not get lost.......

> The memory can be allocated, but it is hard and takes a long time (years
> actualy). I guess it can naturaly get oddly allocated, making people
> that have more memory allocated to certian tasks 'geniuses'.

This is were I think multiple intelligences come in I'd guess <sigh>.......

> > If you're going somewhere, you'd got to have imagination enough to use
> > your mathematical and logical skills.
>
> It seems to me that computers (just by existing) are prooving the
> opposite.

LMAO !!!!
A computer is just a tool, a glorified pencil, nothing more.
Without YOU behind the keyboard, it's just so much junk.
And you should know this !!
Did you understood what I said ?

> > Include me, I hate it when frauds steal other persons work and claim it
as
> > his own.
>
> Oh, yes. Reminds me when Ford stole the idea of the wheel and built the
> car...

But but but, he didn't steal the wheel, he gave it something more, like a
chassis
and an engine and other things as well....... :)

> You Are Pathetic.

Me ?
It seems that you're not far behind in that regard.........

> > > This person has definetely something personal against Einstein.
> >
> > And how does that _invalidate_ his/her claims ????
>
> Directly.
>
> > EINSTEIN STOLE THE MAJORITY OF HIS
> > GENERAL RELATIVITY WORK FROM THESE TWO MEN, THE REST BEING TAKEN FROM
> > GROSSMANN. HILBERT SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION, A WEEK BEFORE EINSTEIN
> > COMPLETED HIS WORK, A PAPER WHICH CONTAINED THE CORRECT FIELD EQUATIONS,
OF
> > GENERAL RELATIVITY.
>
> Indeed one of the most important thing in life, it revolutionized
> science, the discovery that described in what direction are the stars
> around us moving!! Why do you even bother? Spilt milk.

Reduced to insults, tsk tsk......
Humans knew that long before Einstein.

Brian