modelling IQ

Jure Sah jure.sah at guest.arnes.si
Tue Jul 3 10:51:38 EST 2001

Brian wrote:
> > I have a formula for the speed of the electron (t.i. the speed it
> > circles with around an atom core), but I will not recieve a nobel-prize
> > for it. Why? Because it is simply spelled from the "E=mc²" and some
> > other formulas. I did *nothing*? Doubt it.
>
> So ?
> Did you researched and worked it out on your own ?
> If you did, then you should get the credit and the prize for such a
> discovery.
> Even if you used previously discovered principles, but ithe condition is to
> discover
> something NEW; which Einstein did not.

I didn't do anything NEW. I meerely processed the formulas that have
been droped into my brain from a magazine.

Here it is, in case anybody is interested:
to = square_root(deltaE/m)/2*PI*cubic_root(deltaV)

"to" is the time it needs to go around once
"deltaE" is the change of energy
"deltaV" is the change in the volume (per change of energy, temperature
probably)

In principle it is correct, but still requires a lot of processing. I
think it shows the idea tho.

> > Sigh, "multi-dimensional IQ"!? Are you atempting to set up dimensions to
> > diffirent memory allocations???
>
> I didn't invent the expression.
> But thanks for the credit :)
> Anyway, it isn't such a bad idea to divide it into several dimensions if it
> suits the task.
> Why, women aren't stupid - they just use their brain differently............
> Here I characterized it by calling it "verbal", but it could just as easily
> be called "communicative".
> Spatial is the mathematical, object-oriented world - which is what males
> are good at.

I am only saying that there is more to it and finaly, you will be
counting braincells as for providing a value for IQ.

> > Some genius ppl that are very good at maths actualy use their memory
> > instead of what other people would use a piece of paper for. Einstein
> > obviously allocated (or had allocated) most of his memory to thinking.
> > Others could theoreticaly use a piece of paper for that matter, but I
> > guess that would make things much slower and harder.
>
> Anyway, I digress, of course it could slow down thinking, but sometimes
> it is an advantage as well, to 'keep certain points'.
> I do that so I will remember certain points, and not get lost.......

There is actualy a lot of information to store in stack memory. If you
have enough memory to store all of the results at the end of one
process, the next one can begin right off where the previous one left
off. This way you can form an bottomless thought that ends when you're
left with too much data to memorize.

With maths it just happens to be so that you start up with lots of data
and end up with very little.

> > The memory can be allocated, but it is hard and takes a long time (years
> > actualy). I guess it can naturaly get oddly allocated, making people
> > that have more memory allocated to certian tasks 'geniuses'.
>
> This is were I think multiple intelligences come in I'd guess <sigh>.......

Yes.

> > > If you're going somewhere, you'd got to have imagination enough to use
> > > your mathematical and logical skills.
> >
> > It seems to me that computers (just by existing) are prooving the
> > opposite.
>
> LMAO !!!!
> A computer is just a tool, a glorified pencil, nothing more.
> Without YOU behind the keyboard, it's just so much junk.
> And you should know this !!
> Did you understood what I said ?

Indeed I have. And indeed you should know of Artificial Inteligence. The
inteligent pencil does quite a lot on it's own. And I could tell noting
about it if I wasn't devoloping it.

I'll put it like this: A server hasn't got anybody behind a keyboard and
it is working. The same goes for just about any microcontroler (these
devices are quite fond of not seeing a human being within their
lifetime; an ABS is quite a nice example).

> > Oh, yes. Reminds me when Ford stole the idea of the wheel and built the
> > car...
>
> But but but, he didn't steal the wheel, he gave it something more, like a
> chassis and an engine and other things as well....... :)

Like Einstein gave the formulas a publish and a person to represent
them.

> > Indeed one of the most important thing in life, it revolutionized
> > science, the discovery that described in what direction are the stars
> > around us moving!! Why do you even bother? Spilt milk.
>
> Reduced to insults, tsk tsk......
> Humans knew that long before Einstein.

What? Of spilt milk?? ;]

--

Don't feel bad about asking/telling me anything, I will always gladly
reply.

Direct SPAM-kill, Forward, include cuntry in subject line:
Mailto:spamrecycle at ChooseYourMail.com They stop immediately! ;]

GTSC4 -- If nobody else wants to do it, why shouldn't we?(TM)
HTTP://WWW.GeoCities.COM/GTSC4/