modelling IQ

Brian zhil at online.no
Tue Jul 3 18:24:28 EST 2001

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah at guest.arnes.si> skrev i melding
news:3B41EA0A.3539CE64 at guest.arnes.si...
> > Even if you used previously discovered principles, but ithe condition is
> > discover
> > something NEW; which Einstein did not.
>
> I didn't do anything NEW. I meerely processed the formulas that have
> been droped into my brain from a magazine.

If you used the equations in a new way, you've indeed done something
new................

> Here it is, in case anybody is interested:
> to = square_root(deltaE/m)/2*PI*cubic_root(deltaV)
>
> "to" is the time it needs to go around once
> "deltaE" is the change of energy
> "deltaV" is the change in the volume (per change of energy, temperature
> probably)
>
> In principle it is correct, but still requires a lot of processing. I
> think it shows the idea tho.
>
> > I didn't invent the expression.
> > But thanks for the credit :)
> > Anyway, it isn't such a bad idea to divide it into several dimensions if
it
> > suits the task.
> > Why, women aren't stupid - they just use their brain
differently............
> > Here I characterized it by calling it "verbal", but it could just as
easily
> > be called "communicative".
> > Spatial is the mathematical, object-oriented world - which is what males
> > are good at.
>
> I am only saying that there is more to it and finaly, you will be
> counting braincells as for providing a value for IQ.

Not likely to the last statement, at least not yet.
Killer-whales have bigger brains, but how intelligent are they ?
More than humans ?

> > Anyway, I digress, of course it could slow down thinking, but sometimes
> > it is an advantage as well, to 'keep certain points'.
> > I do that so I will remember certain points, and not get lost.......
>
> There is actualy a lot of information to store in stack memory. If you
> have enough memory to store all of the results at the end of one
> process, the next one can begin right off where the previous one left
> off. This way you can form an bottomless thought that ends when you're
> left with too much data to memorize.
>
> With maths it just happens to be so that you start up with lots of data
> and end up with very little.
>
> > > The memory can be allocated, but it is hard and takes a long time
(years
> > > actualy). I guess it can naturaly get oddly allocated, making people
> > > that have more memory allocated to certian tasks 'geniuses'.
> >
> > This is were I think multiple intelligences come in I'd guess
<sigh>.......

> Yes.
>
> > A computer is just a tool, a glorified pencil, nothing more.
> > Without YOU behind the keyboard, it's just so much junk.
> > And you should know this !!
> > Did you understood what I said ?
>
> Indeed I have. And indeed you should know of Artificial Inteligence. The
> inteligent pencil does quite a lot on it's own. And I could tell noting
> about it if I wasn't devoloping it.

Any AI would not reach the level of consciousness as we have.
They're tools, machines and even if they were left to their own devices,
what
would they do ?
Ohhh, and I think there will be built in fail-safety into their software to
ensure
their cooperation (the three laws of robotics - Isaac Asimov).

> I'll put it like this: A server hasn't got anybody behind a keyboard and
> it is working. The same goes for just about any microcontroler (these
> devices are quite fond of not seeing a human being within their
> lifetime; an ABS is quite a nice example).

A server is nothing but junk in selfrunning mode.

> > But but but, he didn't steal the wheel, he gave it something more, like
> > chassis and an engine and other things as well....... :)
>
> Like Einstein gave the formulas a publish and a person to represent
> them.

The difference is that Einstein stole the formulaes and gave the real author
absolutely no credit.
Wasn't it somebody who said they could get the nobelprize (him and Hilbert),
but that it was not released before they could ensure Einstein the entire
'authorship' after 1915 ?

> > > Indeed one of the most important thing in life, it revolutionized
> > > science, the discovery that described in what direction are the stars
> > > around us moving!! Why do you even bother? Spilt milk.
> >
> > Reduced to insults, tsk tsk......
> > Humans knew that long before Einstein.
>
> What? Of spilt milk?? ;]

No, moving stars and physics described the 'Einsteinian way'........

Brian