ERP components

Heiko Tietze ht_ at gmx.de
Wed Jul 4 11:15:07 EST 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:31:05 +0200, "Wouter De Baene"
<wouter.debaene at rug.ac.be> wrote:

>I'm interested in the ERP components P100 and P1 when using auditory
>stimuli. Does anybody know if a P100 (which is thought to represent visual
>cortical activity) can occur in auditory tasks?
>When do these components normally occur and what meaning can we give to
>their occurence?
>
>Email: wouter.debaene at rug.ac.be

Rugg & Coles (1995), Brain event related potentials (?)
The early components represent primary processing in both visual and
auditory tasks. Therefore these parameters as well as the P50 and
erlier singnals are used in coma detection too. But try the reference
(or search at medline for instance).
HTH, Heiko.
--
Die zehn Gebote Gottes enthalten 279 Wörter, die amerikanische
Unabhängigkeitserklärung 300 Wörter, die Verordnung der europäischen