Ringer's Solution

Richard Norman rsnorman at mediaone.net
Thu Jul 5 07:54:58 EST 2001

On Wed, 04 Jul 2001 22:34:27 -0700, Theo <fishrx at pacbell.net> wrote:

>What is a good Ringer's solution, pH, chemical comp, etc. used for mice.
>Will be performing extracellular neurophysilogical test and will need to
>make Ringer's solution.  Thank you.

Look through the materials and methods section of a few papers to find
recipes (or references).  Some specific work may require special
solutions, but there are plenty of recipes for general work.  All of
mine are in the lab (I am home, now).  But aren't there any people in
your institution experienced in this work that can help?  And aren't
there any people in physiology that have tons of recipes?

There are recipes available at

http://www.mbl.edu/BiologicalBulletin/COMPENDIUM/CompTab7.html#TAB7B

which should do it for you.