help: dizziness for 2.5 months after alcool

Matteo Pelati matteo at dolce.it
Tue Jul 10 09:01:43 EST 2001

Hello, I'm a 24 yrs old boy with a strange story and I'd like to know if
someone of you ever experienced this before or any doctor can give me some
advices.

One night (end of april) I drunk an alcoholic drink. At the end of the
evening I experienced some dizziness but I didn't pay attention to it since,
not being used to drink alcool I considered it preatty normal. I started
worrying when the dizziness was not going away after about a week, so I
visited my doctor who suggested me to take some tests and sent me to a
neurologist since the fact was preatty strange and my blood pressure was
okay. The neurological visit was okay, but, just for precautions, he asked
me to have an RMI that turned out to be negative. During that period (end of
may) the dizziness disappered for about 15 days and I was feeling perfectly
okay. After those days I woke up one morning with the same feeling. I
decided to visit an ear doctor, but he also didn't find any problem. After
that my doctor suggested the problem could be related to cervical problems
(since I spend a lot of time in front of the computer). So i started doing
some phsiotheraphy with no change. It's now more than a month I'm doing it
without a minimal change. I still have my dizziness.

I also took a blood tests that were ok and a cervical radiography that was
okay as well. At this point I wondered if this dizziness (very light...I'm
able to walk, run, but it's hard to concentrate or use the computer for
example... I'd define it more like lightheadness) could really be related to
that drink (taken 2 and a half months ago) or that was just a coincidence. I
wonder if anybody could give me some suggestions. Now I will try with
natural medicinde to see if something will work.

About my dizziness I noticed it changes during different hours of the day.
Sometimes it's sronger, sometimes it's less strong. Lately it tends to be
much ligher during evenings.

If anyone can help me please reply by e-mail at matteo at dolce.it

Thanks
Regards