Localization of pitch in the brain?

squeeziechum mayday-imr at houston.rr.com
Mon Jul 16 19:30:12 EST 2001

> By the way, one important aspect of audition pertains to "sound
> localization" (i.e., how do we know -where- a sound is coming from.)

Yeah, I hate it when I need the elevator in the office bldg I work at and
one of the six elevators dings but for the life of me I can't tell which one
it is just by the sound, I have to look around to see which one is lit up.
How do they expect blind people to catch the freakin thing if no one can't
localize the sound.  Why can't they have a trumpet blare or something!

Phil