Localization of pitch in the brain?

Didier A. Depireux didier at rai.isr.umd.edu
Wed Jul 18 11:51:43 EST 2001

Matt Jones <jonesmat at physiology.wisc.edu> wrote:

> As for the biological basis, I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure
> that certain cell types in cochlear nucleus phase lock to the missing
> fundamental.

Wow. I would like to know where you have seen that! I have never seen such a
pitch cell reported for reasonable levels of stimulation.

						Didier

Didier A Depireux                              didier at isr.umd.edu
Neural Systems Lab                 http://www.isr.umd.edu/~didier
Institute for Systems Research          Phone: 301-405-6557 (off)
University of Maryland                                -6596 (lab)
College Park MD 20742 USA                     Fax: 1-301-314-9920