Localization of pitch in the brain?

maxwell mmmaxwell at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:58:33 EST 2001

Didier A. Depireux <didier at rai.isr.umd.edu> wrote in message
news:9j4upe$6sa$1 at hecate.umd.edu...
> maxwell <mmmaxwell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Didier A. Depireux <didier at rai.isr.umd.edu> wrote in message
> > news:9j4eqv$2mr$1 at hecate.umd.edu...
> >> Wow. I would like to know where you have seen that! I have never
>
> > http://www.bme.jhu.edu/~eyoung/abEnhanSync.html
Ventral cochlear nucleus (VCN) bushy cells, especially globular bushy
cells (GBCs

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/Courses/bionb420.07/jwen/cochlear.htm
The auditory nerve is phase-locked to the acoustic signals up to 9
kHz.
> > http://www.physiology.wisc.edu/rhode/abst.html
> > http://www.glue.umd.edu/~carr/ARO99-NL.pdf
barn- owl- like phase locking allow ITD discrimination up to 4 kHz

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?uid=96140355&form=
6&db=m&Dopt=b
In vitro analysis of optimal stimuli for phase-locking and
time-delayed modulation of firing in avian nucleus laminaris neurons.
> > Just a brief taste...
>
> A brief taste of what?

I've inserted quotes from the links referred to, above.

You wrote:
> >> Wow. I would like to know where you have seen that! I have never
seen such a
pitch cell reported for reasonable levels of stimulation.

This was a clear statement-- you had not seen evidence of
phase-locking in cells of COCHLEAR NUCLEUS.
 So, I hunted you up a few.

Now you talk about pitch cell in lower pathway, and not in cochlear
nucleus?
You posted in with a university email addy, so I presumed that when
cochlear nucleus was referred to, that somehow it was cochlear nucleus
that was referred to.
D'oh.

Keep changing your argument like you just did, and you render
discussion meaningless.
You must be a real pleasure to work with.

I suggest you go get some sleep, or an attitude adjustment.
Immediately.

-maxwell