Neural Representations of Trajectories

Didier A. Depireux didier at rai.isr.umd.edu
Fri Jul 20 12:01:48 EST 2001

In bionet.neuroscience Harry Erwin <harry.erwin at sunderland.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm seeing evidence that trajectories of moving objects are represented
> 4-dimensionally in the brain. Has anyone thought about the topology of
> neural representations?

Not directly what you are asking, but I have always liked the papers of
Bienenstock, esp "On the Dimensionality of Cortical Graphs", which you can
find on his page
http://www.dam.brown.edu/people/elie/publications.html
The neural connectivity graph explained therein should put limit on the
dimensionality of representations in cortex!

						Didier

Didier A Depireux                              didier at isr.umd.edu
Neural Systems Lab                 http://www.isr.umd.edu/~didier
Institute for Systems Research          Phone: 301-405-6557 (off)
University of Maryland                                -6596 (lab)
College Park MD 20742 USA                     Fax: 1-301-314-9920