Neural Representations of Trajectories

Didier A. Depireux didier at
Fri Jul 20 12:01:48 EST 2001

In bionet.neuroscience Harry Erwin <harry.erwin at> wrote:
> I'm seeing evidence that trajectories of moving objects are represented
> 4-dimensionally in the brain. Has anyone thought about the topology of
> neural representations?

Not directly what you are asking, but I have always liked the papers of
Bienenstock, esp "On the Dimensionality of Cortical Graphs", which you can
find on his page
The neural connectivity graph explained therein should put limit on the
dimensionality of representations in cortex!

Didier A Depireux                              didier at
Neural Systems Lab
Institute for Systems Research          Phone: 301-405-6557 (off)
University of Maryland                                -6596 (lab)
College Park MD 20742 USA                     Fax: 1-301-314-9920