Neural Representations of Trajectories

Harry Erwin harry.erwin at sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Jul 22 14:42:13 EST 2001

Robert Gurk <bob.g at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2001, Harry Erwin wrote:
>
> > Robert Gurk <bob.g at gmx.de> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >> Harry, are you seeing evidence or are you seeking?
> >
> > I'm modeling bat data. I'm seeing evidence.
>
> Ok, I just wanted to make sure this was not a typo.
>
> [snip]
>
> I'm not an expert on this, as you might have noticed, but you
> might want to browse through this site:
>
> http://www.uni-
> bielefeld.de/biologie/Kybernetik/research/arm.html
>
> Especially check the MMC modell.
>
> Bob

Take a look at Avis Cohen's work.
<http://www.life.umd.edu/biology/faculty/cohen/index.html>

One nice thing about bat work is that the motor models are fairly
simple.

My question is basically: now that I'm fairly confident that bats retain
past position measurements in their trajectory representation, and that
those position measurements are in general (3D+time) rather than
head-centered or body-centered coordinates, and that the trajectory
representation can be used in assessing nearness, how does a wet network
that is approximately 2D do all this?????
--
Dr. Harry Erwin, harry at dherwin.org, http://world.std.com/~herwin