Robert Gurk bob.g at
Mon Jul 23 09:15:33 EST 2001

only recently I've come across a paper by Gratton & Fabiani [*],
describing the event related optical signal (EROS). What I've
been reading up to now, sounds phantastic: high temporal AND
high spatial resolution. I also would think that this technique
should be quite cheap (in comparison to fmri, e.g.).
Any thoughts on EROS here? Any experience? Can you buy it?

* Gratton, G. & Fabiani, M. (1998). Dynamic brain imaging:
event-related optical signal (EROS) measures of the time course
and localization of cognitive-related activity. Psychonomic
Bulletin & Review, 5(4), 535-563.