biological neural networks

Maximal JUANJOSE75 at terra.es
Tue Jul 31 17:35:29 EST 2001

I have understood that artificial neural networks, used in computer
simulations, are not a valid model for biological neural networks.
The learning algorithm is not plausible in a biological network.
In the other hand, I have read somewhere something like that there are
biologically plausible artificial neural network models equivalent to
artificial neural networks with backpropagation and gradient decay. In
other words, it would mean that developing behavioral processes with
artificial neural networks is equivalent to develop it with a
biologically plausible model.
Is it true?
Could someone give me some references about biological neural networks
and biological learning algorithms?
I have read in other thread that there is an organism wich is mapped
his behavioral processes to groups of neurons, but is it known the
learning algorithm or the rules that describe the basic network
activity?