Inform the Community First

Constantine Mihailidis conmih at tin.it
Tue Jun 5 13:10:37 EST 2001

Here Constantine Mihailidis, the med student from Italy...
Fund raising as far as I am concerned is the most difficult obstacle a
researcher has to overcome to develop, apply, patent(-ize) and commercialize
his ideas... You need to inform the community Yan... Send us the URL of the
site (if possible with your practical idea/s) and people will contact you
sooner or later...
I'm only 21 years old, good in theory, but inexperienced of rigorous lab
sessions... however I'm thrilled by the possibilities of your project.

"yan king yin" <y.k.y(at)lycos(dot)com> wrote in message
news:9fgrnn$jhi2 at imsp212.netvigator.com...
> Thanks for everyones replies earlier.  Since it is impractical to conduct
> research on-line,  it seems that we must choose a location somewhere to
open
> the lab.  Secondly,  I wish to focus the research goal on neuro-electronic
> devices and its commercialization,  as this already covers a broad area of
> applications,  such as providing treatment for the quadriplegic and the
blind.

> From my understanding i think that neuroelectronics has a significant
market
> that requires continued up-grade of technology.  Therefore R&D is
essential.

> I am trying to raise US$1-10M of seed money.  This means finding about 25
> people and for each to contribute about 0.2M from his own.  I think the
> important point is to form a team first and then figure out how to get
more
> funding.
>
> I have conceived of a neuro-electronic interface that i guesstimate may
take
> about 5-10 years to develope.
>
> The areas of research that are relevant to this project are:
nanofabrication,