REM Sleep And Learning

SA nospam at nospam.net
Sun Jun 10 17:17:12 EST 2001

In article <9g0b38$68o0o$1 at ID-34153.news.dfncis.de>,
 "Karl Self" <karl.self at gmx.net> wrote:

> "maxwell" <mmmaxwell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Some think that there's consolidation more of procedural/implicit in slow
> wave, but the parceling-out of memory types, procedural <|> explicit versus
> slow wave <|> REM sleep is itself likely over-simplifying.
>
>     I agree with you on that one -- we have finally found some common
> ground!

Who thinks there is consolidation of procedural/implicit memory in slow
wave? There is no evidence for a lengthy consolidation process in any
form of implicit learning (at least not yet), the evidence is that these
memories are acquired in their respective permanent locations.