Problem with a CNBr activated Sepharose 4B column

Incanus Thomas.zeis at stud.unibas.ch
Wed Jun 13 14:11:25 EST 2001

Hi everybody,

I want to couple my protein (very hydrophobic, 4TM membrane protein, coupled
to GST) to CNBr activated Sepharose 4B.The problem is, that my protein is
falling out and builds some white structures that look like small threads
swimming in the solution. Actually I try to resolve the protein in different
ways (changed pH, salt conc., 0.1% SDS, 0.1% tritone). I'm using CNBr
activated Sepharose 4B from Pharmacia biotech.

Somebody had similar problem or maybe some proposals ???

Thx for your answers

Thomas

Thomas Zeis
stud. phil.II