Marielle Fois im99_foa at nada.kth.se
Sat Jun 16 17:58:58 EST 2001

I don't know of any neurological publications on human response to
fiction. The only thing I have read that deals with this matter is a
small chapter in the 1990 edition of Oliver Sacks' ''Awakenings´´. A
well known film, also called ''Awakenings´´, directed by Penny
Marshall and starred by Robert de Niro and Robin Williams, was made
from this book. In this chapter Oliver Sacks describes, among other
things, how he experienced the training period of the actors, who
were learning how to imitate patients with deep Parkinsonism. In
fact, they were not learning how to imitate, but how to be deep
Parkinsonian. He even started to be concerned about Robert de Niro,
and admitted to have been curious to study Robert's brain activity
while he was acting.

Marielle