Jim M mjames6587 at qwest.net
Sun Jun 17 13:57:56 EST 2001

"Robert Bethune" <bobbethune at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3b2b9763.156543359 at lakehuron...
> I would like to identify publications bearing on what we know, or what
> research is ongoing, on human response to fiction.

I don't know the EXACT publication...perhaps it was Nature... but a recent
study was done on music's effect on neo-cortical structures using MIR and
PET technology. Since this is not my area exactly, I have to admit that I
did not give the article as much attention as I would have liked.

Anyway, the gist of the research was that listening to music focuses
activitiy in several areas of the brain. What you propose has interesting
implications, though, and it would be fascinating to see what kind of brain
activity was present while subjects watched plays or read novels or even
viewed works of art.

--
Jim McQuiggin

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he
hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however
measured or far away."
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden