Connecting mind vs machine. (To Yan.King.Yin)

Brian zhil at online.no
Fri Jun 22 16:15:22 EST 2001

Hello Yan,
You mentioned that you were interested in connecting the brain (neurons) to
electronic equipment.
As I'm browsing "Life" (Purves), I see that there is one possibility called
patch clamping
You may study this, because it seems to be the solution avoiding
reprogramming DNA in neurons
as I mentioned earlier (and got flak from one on the board).
The drawback is that it works on single neurons, not groups; and it might
also be an advantage........
It seems to be much easier, but I think that reprogramming is the next step.
What do you think ?

Brian