Brain-Mind: Know Thyself!

maxwell mmmaxwell at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:14:54 EST 2001

Richard Norman <rsnorman at mediaone.net> wrote
> "Arthur T. Murray" <mentifex at scn.org> wrote
>  Once we know all there is to know  about the
> > workings of the human brain
>
> <snip all else>
>
> Aren't you just a wee bit premature discussing what to do next?

Heh. Indeed. Also, three quotes from the snipped text:

"  Your mind starts out as tabula rasa, "a clean slate."

Classical Empiricism. Such is unproven.
Actually, there are many phenomena which strongly suggest
such is not so.
On the 'front end' stands the fact that there are many
non-environmentally
determinate mental processes.
'Further along' in logical refutation is the fact that mind readily
envisions events/existences _not_ derivable from environment,
and in fact requires dissociation from environment to sustain.
Such as Empiricism.

" The brain is organized physically, but the mind is organized
logically. "

There are logical processes, presented by 'mind.'
Such does not satisfy claims of organizational *essence* for mind--
-- not if _logical_ argumentation is utilized.

    " Who can say  which is the agent -- the cosmos organizing
minds,
 or mind organizing the cosmos?

The Anthropic principle.
Neglected in the previously cited *a priori* assertion(s).

;~)