Are men really brain damaged at birth?

Marielle Fois im99_foa at nada.kth.se
Thu Jun 28 16:19:16 EST 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jure Sah wrote:

> There is quite little diffirence between children of one sex and the
> other, since (I think) there is no testosterone present in their bodies
> by then (especialy not at birth, when moments before the testosterone
> could pass in to the mother's body).

I dare to say this is not correct. I have read several articles on
the possible effects of testosterone on the development of spacial
skills, and since they talk about male and female foeti being exposed
to higher or lower levels of testosterone, I deduce testosterone is
present in foeti of both sexes.

> On the other side, you have females that mostly keep a lifestyle that
> isn't very friendly to the brain. Such a lifestyle is farly uncommon
> with males.

No idea of what you are talking about.

Marielle