Are men really brain damaged at birth?

Marielle Fois im99_foa at
Fri Jun 29 03:47:51 EST 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Brian wrote:

> "Dani" <danielle at> skrev i melding
> news:B7601ADC.19A3%danielle at
> >
> > "Are men really brain damaged at birth?"
> >
> How come ?
> The male population is more intelligent gauss-wise than the female
> population.

I think this is a dangerous assumption. For what I know, these kinds
of studies usually suggest the possibility that something like you
wrote may be true, but they don't state it as a fact. In many
occasions, the experiments they make are also of questionable

> Maybe it isn't brain-damage at all, but an improvement ?

I don't think it is brain damage. But indeed, there are people with
brain damage, or retarded people, that have developed extraordinary
capabilities. (References: "The man who mistook his wife with for a
hat" and "An anthropologist in Mars", of Oliver Sacks, and

After having read the books I mention, and knowing of all the
diversity in the skills we can develop, and how impressive and
uncomparable they can be, studies of who are the most intelligent
based on some iq test seem to me too much an oversimplification.
This is only an opinion.